Anthony Chen, M.D.
UCSF Neurorehabilitation Program
400 Parnassus Ave., Eighth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94143
Phone: (415) 353-2273
Fax: (415) 353-2898
Hours: Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
More about Anthony Chen
Harvard Medical School 2000
UCSF Medical Center, Neurology 2004
UCSF Medical Center, Neurology 2005
Selected Research and Publications
- Arnemann KL, Chen AJ, Novakovic-Agopian T, Gratton C, Nomura EM, D'Esposito M. Functional brain network modularity predicts response to cognitive training after brain injury. Neurology. 2015 Apr 14; 84(15):1568-74.
- Chen, A. J.-W. and Loya, F. 2014. Mild-moderate TBI: Clinical recommendations to optimize neurobehavioral functioning, learning and adaptation. Seminars in Neurology. 2015; (34):557-571.
- Novakovic-Agopian T, Chen AJ, Rome S, Rossi A, Abrams G, D'Esposito M, Turner G, McKim R, Muir J, Hills N, Kennedy C, Garfinkle J, Murphy M, Binder D, Castelli H. Assessment of subcomponents of executive functioning in ecologically valid settings: the goal processing scale. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2014 Mar-Apr; 29(2):136-46.
- Chen, A. J.-W. and D’Esposito, M. . In Plasticity of Cognition in Neurologic Disorders. Eds. Joseph Tracy, Benjamin Hampstead, Krish Sathian. Plasticity in prefrontal cortical networks after brain injury: Finding the optimal paths. 2014.
- Van Vleet T., Chen A. J.-W., Vernon A., Novakovic-Agopian T., D’Esposito M. . Tonic and Phasic Alertness Training: A Novel Treatment for Executive Control Dysfunction Following Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. NeuroCase. 2014.
- Chen, A.J.-W. and Novakovic-Agopian, T. . In Traumatic Brain Injury: Approach to Diagnosis, Management, and Rehabilitation, Ed. J. Tsao. Interventions to improve cognitive functioning after traumatic brain injury. 2012.
- Novakovic-Agopian T, Chen AJ, Rome S, Abrams G, Castelli H, Rossi A, McKim R, Hills N, D'Esposito M. Rehabilitation of executive functioning with training in attention regulation applied to individually defined goals: a pilot study bridging theory, assessment, and treatment. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2011 Sep-Oct; 26(5):325-38.
- Chen AJ, Novakovic-Agopian T, Nycum TJ, Song S, Turner GR, Hills NK, Rome S, Abrams GM, D'Esposito M. Training of goal-directed attention regulation enhances control over neural processing for individuals with brain injury. Brain. 2011 May; 134(Pt 5):1541-54.
- Chen AJ, D'Esposito M. Traumatic brain injury: from bench to bedside [corrected] to society. Neuron. 2010 Apr 15; 66(1):11-4.
- Chen AJ, Abrams GM, D'Esposito M. Functional reintegration of prefrontal neural networks for enhancing recovery after brain injury. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2006 Mar-Apr; 21(2):107-18.
- Chen A. J.-W., Britton M.S., Thompson T.W., Turner G.R., Vytlacil J., D’Esposito M. . Goal-directed attention alters the tuning of object-based representations in extrastriate cortex. Frontiers in Neuroscience, 2012, July 2.
- Loya F, Rodriguez N, Binder D, Buchanan B, Novakovic-Agopian T, Carter M, Murphy M, Brunhs M, Chen A J.-W.. . World Congress of Brain Injury, March 2014. ‘From Start-up to CEO’: Development of game-assisted training of goal-directed attention regulation in complex functional contexts.
- Anthony J.-W. Chen, Fred Loya, Nicholas Rodriguez, Deb Binder, Michael Carter, Bruce Buchanan, Sahar Yousef, Tatjana Novakovic-Agopian, Kristie Wood, Michael Souza, Gary R Turner, Michelle Murphy and others. . Pathfinder Apprentice and Startup-to-CEO training systems. PC and iOS apps. Training manual and lesson guide with materials for trainers and trainees. Tele-rehab / Remote deployment technical protocol. Curriculum, training manual and lesson guide for college course.
Publications are derived from MEDLINE/PubMed and provided by UCSF Profiles, a service of the Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI) at UCSF. Researchers can make corrections and additions to their publications by logging on to UCSF Profiles.