Sarah Doernberg, M.D.
Infectious disease specialist
Dr. Sarah Doernberg is an infectious disease specialist who sees patients in the Infectious Disease Clinic and in the Parnassus hospital of UCSF Medical Center.
She earned a medical degree at the Yale University School of Medicine and completed an internal medicine residency and an infectious disease fellowship at UCSF. She also earned a master's degree in advanced studies through the Training in Clinical Research Program at UCSF. In her research, she focuses on health care-acquired infections and preventing the development of drug-resistant microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi. She is an assistant clinical professor of medicine in Infectious Diseases and Hospital Medicine.
Infectious Disease at Parnassus
400 Parnassus Ave., Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94143-0327
Phone: (415) 353-2626
Fax: (415) 353-2568
8:20 – 11:40 a.m.
More about Sarah Doernberg
Yale University School of Medicine 2006
UCSF Medical Center 2009
UCSF Medical Center 2011
Selected Research and Publications
- Doernberg SB, Winston LG, Deck DH, Chambers HF. Does doxycycline protect against development of Clostridium difficile infection? Clin Infect Dis. 2012 Sep; 55(5):615-20.
- Doernberg SB, Winston LG. Risk factors for acquisition of extended-spectrum ß-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli in an urban county hospital. Am J Infect Control. 2012 Mar; 40(2):123-7.
- Doernberg S, Schaaf B, Dalhoff K, Leng L, Beitin A, Quagliarello V, Bucala R. Association of macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) polymorphisms with risk of meningitis from Streptococcus pneumoniae. Cytokine. 2011 Mar; 53(3):292-4.
- Doernberg S, Bucala R . The Macrophage in Innate and Adaptive Immunity. In: Critical Care Nephrology, 2nd Ed. 2009; 784-788.
- Bucala R, Leng L, Doernberg S, Bukrinsky M, Donnelly S. MIF Agonists and Antagonists and Therapeutic Uses Thereof. World Patent WO 2006/116688. 2006.
- McNally, K, Davis, K, Doernberg, S, Zubal I, Spencer S, Blumenfeld H. Cerebral Blood Flow Changes During Secondarily Generalized Tonic-Clonic Seizures. Abstract and poster. Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA. 2004.
- McNally KA, Vanderhill SD, Paige AL, Doernberg SB, Chung R, Adamiak K, Novotny EJ, Zubal IG, Spencer SS, and Blumenfeld H. Excitatory and Inhibitory Network Interactions During Loss of Consciousness in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The American Epilepsy Society, Boston, MA. 2003.
- McNally KA, Vanderhill S, Paige AL, Doernberg S, Chung R, Adamiak K, Novotny EJ, Zubal IG, Spencer SS, Blumenfeld H. Network Mechanisms for Loss of Consciousness in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA. 2003.
Publications are derived from MEDLINE/PubMed and provided by UCSF Profiles, a service of the Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI) at UCSF. Researchers can make corrections and additions to their publications by logging on to UCSF Profiles.