Acute Care Clinic & Respiratory Screening Center
The UCSF Acute Care Clinic & Respiratory Screening Center provides evaluation and treatment for urgent, non-life-threatening medical problems. Our clinic offers same-day appointments for adults 18 and older.
We do not accept walk-ins: To make a same-day appointment, call us at (415) 353-2602. Our capacity is limited, so please call at 8 a.m. on the day you'd like to schedule your appointment.
We have on-site X-ray, ultrasound, electrocardiogram and blood testing services. Whether you're dealing with a sprained ankle or a sinus infection, our team will help you get the care you need quickly.
If you think you might be experiencing a life-threatening emergency or are having symptoms such as serious shortness of breath, chest pain, or sudden paralysis of the arms or legs, call 911 immediately or go directly to the emergency room.
Conditions commonly treated
- Abdominal pain
- Ear infections
- Joint and muscle pain
- Minor injuries
- Skin infections
- Urinary tract infections, vaginitis and urethritis
We do NOT provide:
- Routine annual physicals
- IUD or diaphragm placement
- Prescription medicine refills
- Routine tuberculosis skin tests
- Travel vaccinations
- Workers' compensation first visits
Insurance and Self-Pay
Insurance Coverage: Before your appointment, please contact your insurance carrier to verify that UCSF is an in-network provider for your plan. Your insurer can also tell you whether your plan requires that you pay an annual deductible before it pays for your visits.
Self-pay Visits: If you're unable to obtain a referral or authorization for your appointment, or if you choose to pay for your visit yourself, you will need to pay a deposit at the time of your appointment. This is a deposit only and doesn't include fees for any tests or procedures. You'll receive a bill in the mail for the amount owed for your visit and services received.
- New patients: $232 deposit
- Established patients: $156 deposit
- Non-U.S. residents: $422 deposit
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- A current list of any medications you take, including over-the-counter medications, vitamin supplements and herbal products
- Your insurance card and co-payment, if required
- A deposit if you will be paying for the visit
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Do you need pediatric care?
Can't find what you're looking for?
UCSF Help Center