1. UCSF staff will contact you to confirm
A representative from UCSF Health will be reaching out to you soon to create your appointment. Thank you for your patience.
Our clinic sees new patients from 10:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. on Tuesdays. You will be contacted a week before your appointment for a needs assessment.
Before an appointment is scheduled, you may be asked to provide a copy of your medical records for review by our doctors. The results of any diagnostic tests already completed also will be requested to ensure that tests aren't repeated unnecessarily. In addition, you may need a referral by your primary care doctor, depending on your health insurance.
For questions or personal assistance, please contact us:
2. Get ready for your appointment
In the meantime, take a look at some of our resources so you feel confident and ready for your appointment.
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
3. After your appointment
We will contact you two weeks after your visit to provide follow-up instructions.