LGBTQ+ Health Leadership
UCSF Health proudly provides high-quality health services to LGBTQ+ patients and their families in a safe and welcoming environment. We have been a national leader in LGBTQ+ health for decades, and we continue to be deeply committed to offering equitable, supportive, knowledgeable, and sensitive care to LGBTQ+ people and their loved ones.
UCSF Health has been designated as an LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader by the national Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) since the HEI’s inception in 2007, and we have also been named Best Hospital in Northern California. Our wide-ranging medical services for LGBTQ+ people and their families include:
Awards & recognition
LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader
UCSF Health offers comprehensive care for LGBTQ+ patients and their families.
Find a doctorFind a doctor via the GLMA Provider Directory, a directory of health professionals advancing LGBTQ+ equality.
"Our vision at UCSF Health is to be the best provider of health care services. While we have a strong history of supporting LGBTQ+ patients, we must continually challenge ourselves to understand how we can make our organization the safest and most welcoming place for LGBTQ+ patients and their families to receive care."
The UCSF campus boasts a wealth of LGBTQ+ resources, including:
- LGBTQ Resource Center
- Center for Sexual and Gender Minority Health
- Center of Excellence for Transgender Health
- Center for AIDS Prevention Studies
- LGBTQ Advisory Committee
- Annual LGBTQIA Health Forum
- GLMA Top Ten Issues to Discuss with Your Health Provider
- CDC: LGBT Health
- Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource for the Transgender Community
- National LGBT Cancer Network
- Grand Rounds from the Center for Sexual & Gender Minority Health
- National LGBT Health Education Center
- UCSF Transgender Care Guidelines for Primary & Gender-Affirming Care of Transgender and Gender Nonbinary People
- GLMA Cultural Competence Webinar Series
- The Fenway Guide to LGBT Health
- GLMA Handbook on LGBT Health
- LGBT HealthLink