Accountable Care Organization
UCSF Medical Center strives to provide exceptional care to all of its patients. It is also pleased to participate in several ACOs.
Some examples of how an ACO delivers enhanced care, while keeping health care costs affordable:
- Care when and where you need it – same day appointments for primary care, online access to your physicians and nurses, and prompt scheduling with San Francisco's best specialists when needed.
- Everyone involved in your care is on the same team, communicating with each other to meet your needs.
- Providing your health care team with administrative support means they can focus exclusively on you and your care.
- Costs: Because of our focus on better coordination with each other and on keeping you as healthy as possible, we will provide the right care at the right time to all our patients. This will help us to keep costs down.
- If you do need to be hospitalized, you will get extra attention from a care transitions manager who will help with coordination and logistics, allowing you to focus on getting your recovery.