Biochemical Genetic Medicine Clinic
The UCSF Biochemical Genetic Medicine Clinic provides comprehensive diagnostic evaluations, disease management, genetic counseling and education for people affected by inherited metabolic and neurological diseases. We care for children, adults and families throughout Northern California and in surrounding communities.
Patients benefit from access to our broad range of specialists, many of them leaders in the fields of genetics, neurology and metabolic disorders.
Doctor referral required
Longitudinal Study of Urea Cycle Disorders
hyperammonemia, developmental disabilities, long-term renal and hepatic effects, and case-fatality associated with the various forms of UCD
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
Best in California and No. 2 in the nation for neurology & neurosurgery
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes