Refer a Patient: Nephrology and Hypertension Faculty Practice
Please gather the following materials and fax them to us:
- A completed UCSF referral form
- Patient's demographic information
- Photo of patient's insurance card (front and back)
- Comprehensive metabolic panel (such as BUN, creatinine, eGFR, CO2, serum potassium, serum sodium, and glucose) from within the past three months
- Dipstick urinalysis values from within the past three months
- Previous nephrologist's notes, if patient has seen one
- Renal imaging and results on a CD (MRI, CT or ultrasound)
To learn more about our participating health plans, visit our Health Insurance webpage. Please contact the insurance plan to verify if an authorization/RAF/PCP referral is needed and fax the appropriate documents to (415) 353-2530. Use CPT code 99205 if an authorization is required.
If you need assistance, give us a call.
Inpatient: (415) 353-1323
Outpatient: (415) 353-4485