The UCSF Adult Integrated Transfer Center is open 24 hours daily to coordinate the transfer of patients to UCSF Health. With one phone call to our team, you can speak directly with a UCSF physician for easy access to the specialized care that UCSF offers.
Transfer a Patient
505 Parnassus Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94143
In addition to providing a 24/7 single point of access for all urgent and emergent patient transfers, we've streamlined the transfer process to make admission to our hospital easier and more efficient than ever. The Transfer Center nurses can quickly connect you with on-call clinical specialists to expedite your referral. Newly designed rapid transfer beds allow us to safely transfer patients with even the most complex medical and surgical needs.
How to Transfer Your Patient
Follow these three steps to transfer your patient to UCSF Health:
1) Call the Transfer Center at (415) 353-9166.
2) Provide us with the following information:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Referring facility name and phone number
- Referring provider name and phone number
- Diagnosis and clinical acuity
- Requested treatment
3) Fax the following documents to (415) 353-9172:
- Face sheet
- History and physical
- Imaging and labs
- Discharge summary (required for inpatients only)
Once your patient is accepted for transfer to UCSF Health, you'll need to download and complete transfer forms and return them to us by fax.
Pediatric Access Center
Labor and Delivery Transport
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital and the Center for Mothers and Newborns have streamlined the process for transferring, transporting and admitting patients.