If you regularly take certain anticoagulant medications, also known as blood thinners, your physician may refer you to the UCSF Anticoagulation Clinic. Our team of experts includes specially trained pharmacists and nurse practitioners who will closely monitor and manage your medications.
Your first visit will take about one hour. Future visits will be brief, unless you have an issue to discuss or your health care provider has a particular concern.
Doctor referral required
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes