Center for Prevention of Heart and Vascular Disease
The UCSF Center for Prevention of Heart and Vascular Disease offers a comprehensive approach to both anticipating and managing cardiovascular disease. The center focuses on screening healthy individuals who may be at risk as well as on monitoring patients with existing conditions, with the goal of slowing the progression of disease.
Attentive, personalized patient care is a hallmark of our center. Your evaluation will identify risk factors that may raise your chances of developing cardiovascular disease or contribute to its progression. You also have options to include a nutritional consultation, stress testing – which evaluates your heart function during exertion – and a referral to an exercise physiologist.
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
One of the nation’s best in cardiology & heart surgery
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes