Cochlear Implant Center
The UCSF Douglas Grant Cochlear Implant Center has been involved in developing and implanting cochlear implant systems for more than 35 years. Our team includes experienced audiologists, surgeons, psychologists and other experts, who are dedicated to providing the most advanced technology and highest-quality care. Each year, we evaluate and treat thousands of adults and children. Our services include evaluation, counseling, surgery, device programming and testing, and rehabilitation.
Doctor referral required
CT Guided CI Programming
The CNC word test consists of lists of monosyllabic (single syllable) words with equal phonemic distribution across lists. There are 50 words per list. Performance is calculated based on percentage of words correct (from 0 to 100)...
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
No. 6 (tie) in the nation for ear, nose & throat care
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes