Endoscopy at Mount Zion
The UCSF Endoscopy Center at Mount Zion sees adult patients only. An endoscopic procedure uses an endoscope, which is a thin, flexible tube with a tiny video camera and light on the end. High-quality images from the endoscope appear on a television monitor, providing a clear and detailed view of internal organs.
Endoscopic procedures include colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, bronchoscopy, esophagogastroduodenoscopy, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement, paracentesis and liver biopsy.
Doctor referral required
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
One of the nation's best in gastroenterology & GI surgery
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes