Endoscopy at Parnassus
The UCSF Endoscopy Center at Parnassus cares for patients of all ages who are in the hospital or visiting our clinics. An endoscopic procedure uses an endoscope, which is a thin, flexible tube with a tiny video camera and light on the end. High-quality images from the endoscope appear on a television monitor, providing a clear and detailed view of internal organs.
Endoscopic procedures include colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, bronchoscopy, esophagogastroduodenoscopy, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement, paracentesis, liver biopsy and endoscopic ultrasound. These procedures may be performed by specialists in internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics or radiology.
Doctor referral required
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
One of the nation's best in gastroenterology & GI surgery
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Do you need pediatric care?
Can't find what you're looking for?
UCSF Help Center