NF/Ras Pathway Clinic
Ras pathway disorders are genetic conditions that can cause a variety of health issues, such as heart defects, muscle and bone problems and skin abnormalities. The UCSF NF/Ras Pathway Clinic provides health care support and management for prenatal, pediatric and adult patients who have one of these disorders or who are at risk for one. We offer comprehensive referral services to a network of more than 50 UCSF specialists with expertise in Ras pathway disorders.
Our goal is to help patients and their families by:
- Working with primary care doctors to ensure they have the information to properly care for patients with Ras pathway disorders
- Providing genetic counseling and information on the particular condition, new treatments and clinical trial opportunities
- Helping patients and families connect with others who have the same condition
- Providing a seamless transition from pediatric to adult care specialists, along with serving as consultants for continuity of care
Doctor referral required
Case Management and Social Work
Connect with a team that can help you find resources, solve problems and advocate for you during treatment at UCSF.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Class
This eight-week UCSF class teaches mindfulness practices, such as meditation and body awareness, that can reduce stress and improve your overall health.
We welcome feedback about your experience at UCSF Health. Find out how to contact us with comments, questions or concerns.
Spiritual Care Services
Chaplains representing many faiths are available around the clock to provide support, comfort and counsel to patients, families and caregivers. Learn more.
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
If you live in another country and are coming to UCSF for medical
treatment, our patient liaisons can help coordinate all aspects of your visit.
UCSF offers language services at no charge for patients with limited
English, as well as for patients who are deaf or have trouble hearing.
Checking into the hospital? Find helpful information by clicking on the relevant “Your Hospital Stay” booklet: Mission Bay, Parnassus or Mount
Your Doctor Visit
See our top 10 tips for making your UCSF doctor’s appointment as stress-free and productive as possible.