If someone has any of these signs of a stroke, it's vitally important to get them to the hospital immediately:
- Sudden weakness or numbness in the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion or trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes, such as blurred vision or seeing double
- Sudden trouble walking, lack of coordination or stumbling
- Sudden dizziness or loss of balance
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
Hospitalization and Treatment for Strokes
Treatments can reduce or completely reverse brain injuries, but only if you're treated in the first few hours after stroke symptoms appear. Call 911 to get the fastest possible transportation to the emergency room.
Find out more about strokes and treatments for stroke.