The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine offers classes in laughter yoga. Laughter is contagious and has a powerful and immediate effect on mind, body and spirit. Our bodies can’t tell the difference between real and simulated laughter. Benefits of these laughter exercises include:
- Increased blood flow and oxygen to all the major organs
- Enhanced endorphin levels, which make us feel uplifted and reduce pain
- Stimulation of the immune, digestive and heart systems
- Reduced stress levels
- Relaxation, strengthening and lengthening of the muscles with stretching
- Fun and sense of community
This class involves deep breathing, stretching, clapping and laughter exercises. One day a month, it also includes silent meditation.
Time: See the Osher Center Laughter Yoga class page for details.
Registration: Drop-in; register online as you join the class.