Adult Strabismus and Eye Motility Disorders Clinic
The UCSF Adult Strabismus and Eye Motility Disorders Clinic provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for all eye movement disorders, including abnormal eye alignment from an injury or a neurological condition. The clinic also cares for patients with asthenopia, or eye strain.
When needed, we coordinate care with other practices, such as general ophthalmology and ocular plastic surgery, to ensure the best possible outcome for each patient. Treatments range from conservative management with prismatic glasses and exercises, to a full array of surgical options, including Botox injections.
Doctor referral required
Alejandra de Alba Campomanes
MD, MPHPediatric ophthalmologist and strabismus specialist
Jonathan C. Horton
MD, PhDNeuro-ophthalmologist and pediatric ophthalmologist
MDPediatric ophthalmologist and strabismus specialist
MDPediatric ophthalmologist and glaucoma specialist
MD, FRCPC, FRCSCNeuro-ophthalmologist and strabismus specialist
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
Best in Northern California for ophthalmology
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- All medical records relevant to your condition from your referring physician, if available (including results from diagnostic imaging tests, such as CT scans, MRIs and X-rays)
- Glasses, if you wear them
- List of all your medications
- Appointment information, including doctor's name, clinic location and time
- Health insurance card
- Name, address and telephone number of your primary care physician
- Name, address and telephone number of your referring physician (if different)
- Copayment, if required by insurance
Our research initiatives
UCSF Department of Ophthalmology Research
The UCSF Department of Ophthalmology and the Francis I. Proctor Foundation for Research in Ophthalmology are dedicated to uncovering the causes and mechanisms of eye diseases, with the goals of fighting vision loss and restoring sight.
Do you need pediatric care?
Can't find what you're looking for?
UCSF Help Center