Refer a Patient: Lung Cancer Screening Program
1. Verify eligibility
To be eligible for screening, your patient must meet all the following criteria, which should be documented in the patient's chart
- Is between 55 and 80 years of age (with variation based on insurance coverage)
- Is a current smoker or former smoker who quit in the past 15 years
- Has a smoking history of 30 pack-years or more
- Has no clinical signs or symptoms of lung cancer (for example, hemoptysis)
The chart must also include:
- Documentation of shared decision-making with the patient, including discussion of the risks and benefits of screening
- Documentation that smoking cessation resources were offered to the patient
2. Send your referral
Please fax your referral to Radiology Central Scheduling.
3. Schedule an appointment
Once you've submitted the referral, either you or your patient can follow up with a phone call to schedule an appointment.
Contact Karen Brandon, radiology specialty programs coordinator.
Inpatient: (415) 353-1323
Outpatient: (415) 353-4485