The UCSF Neuro-Ophthalmology Clinic specializes in treating nervous system disorders that affect vision, such as optic neuropathy, optic neuritis and brain tumors. The clinic also offers surgery for adults with strabismus, a condition of ocular misalignment that may cause double vision.
Awards & recognition
Best hospital in Northern California
Best in the West in neurology & neurosurgery
Best in Northern California in ophthalmology
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Our research initiatives
UCSF Department of Ophthalmology Research
The UCSF Department of Ophthalmology and the Francis I. Proctor Foundation for Research in Ophthalmology are dedicated to uncovering the causes and mechanisms of eye diseases, with the goals of fighting vision loss and restoring sight.