Women's Sports Medicine Center
The UCSF Women's Sports Medicine Center is the first such clinic in the Bay Area to focus exclusively on female athletes and the largest of its kind in the country. We provide comprehensive orthopedic care to women and girls of all ages and abilities for a wide range of sports-related issues and injuries. Our goal is to help every patient achieve the level of physical activity and performance she seeks. The female doctors making up our team are all athletes themselves as well as national and international leaders in the field of sports medicine.
In addition to providing surgical and nonsurgical orthopedic care, we offer guidance on injury prevention and safe returns to play. Patients can consult on-site with a registered dietitian or get an analysis of their running or other sports performance. Our patients also have access to experts in sports nutrition, sports psychology, athletic training and physical therapy, as well as the specialists of the UCSF Human Performance Center and the Sports Medicine Center for Young Athletes.
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- Copies on disc of all imaging studies (such as X-rays) done outside of UCSF. (We cannot see images taken elsewhere unless you bring them.)
- List of your medications, including dosages; list of medications you're allergic to
- List of questions you want to ask
- Electronic device or paper for taking notes