Top 10 Reasons to Choose Hill Physicians and UCSF
- Wide range of specialists: Only the Hill Physicians network in San Francisco includes hundreds of UCSF specialists from virtually every area of medicine.
- Top ranked hospital: UCSF Medical Center consistently ranks among the top 10 hospitals in the nation in the annual best hospitals survey by U.S. News & World Report.
- Top ranked specialty care: UCSF Medical Center is a quaternary care hospital, the highest designation for facilities that can treat the most complex and specialized conditions. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks specialty services at UCSF — such as cancer, diabetes and endocrinology, geriatrics, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, rheumatology and urology — among the best in the nation.
- NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center: The National Cancer Institute has designated UCSF's Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center as a comprehensive cancer center, their highest ranking. Centers with this designation meet rigorous standards for state-of-the-art research focused on improving the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- Broad community physician and hospital participation: Along with UCSF, the Hill Physicians San Francisco network includes hundreds of community doctors affiliated with Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, St. Mary's Medical Center and other San Francisco community hospitals.
- San Francisco's only children's hospital: UCSF's 183-bed UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital San Francisco is the only comprehensive children's hospital in San Francisco, with leading experts in more than 50 pediatric specialties.
- Specialty clinics: UCSF has hundreds of specialty clinics covering virtually all medical conditions, including centers for arthritis, diabetes, heart conditions and memory and aging.
- Premier women's health center: A pioneer in women's health, UCSF has Northern California's only nationally designated Women's Health Center of Excellence.
- Cutting edge clinical research and innovation: UCSF is consistently the top public recipient of research funding from the National Institutes of Health. Many notable innovations in medicine took place at UCSF, including brain mapping techniques to make brain surgery safer and the world's first successful fetal surgery.
- MyChart patient portal: Through our secure online portal, patients can easily check lab results, request appointments or referrals, message their providers, refill medications and more.
UCSF and Hill Physicians
Learn why patients in San Francisco benefit from choosing a primary care doctor who is a member of Hill Physicians Medical Group.
FAQ: UCSF and Hill Physicians
Here are answers to common questions about choosing Hills Physicians for primary care, which can ensure access to UCSF specialists.