Cartilage Repair and Regeneration Center
The treatment of cartilage injuries remains one of the most difficult challenges in medicine. The Cartilage Repair and Regeneration Center at the UCSF Orthopaedic Institute brings together world-renowned scientists and physicians to meet this challenge. Our team is dedicated to providing patients with the most advanced and effective treatments for cartilage injuries. Our research helps shape the future of cartilage repair and regeneration, and we ensure that our patients benefit from it.
Currently, procedures to repair cartilage do not suit conditions with diffuse cartilage loss, such as osteoarthritis. However, these procedures are highly effective for cartilage defects in a particular spot, such as those associated with acute injury.
Doctor referral required
Awards & recognition
Best hospital in Northern California
One of the nation’s best in orthopedics
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes