Esophageal Motility Center
The UCSF Esophageal Motility Center, established in 1999, specializes in using state-of-the art tests to evaluate gastrointestinal motility and secretory function disorders, which can impair the digestive system. Since its inception, the center has cared for more than 4,000 patients, and is ranked among the top 10 in the U.S. for number of patients seen at a specialty center for motility disorders.
Our team includes specialists in gastroenterology, radiology, nuclear medicine and surgery. These experts work together to provide the best and most effective care.
Awards & recognition
Best hospital in Northern California
Best in Northern California in gastroenterology & GI surgery
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes