Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Clinic
The UCSF Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Clinic specializes in caring for patients with irregularities of the face and neck. These irregularities may be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life. With all patients, our goal is to restore natural form and function.
Treatments we provide range from minimally invasive procedures to advanced operations that include tissue rearrangement, microvascular free tissue transfer, bone replacement and dynamic facial flaps. Our surgeons can restore movement to paralyzed faces, return skin color and contour to patients with deformities, and improve critical functions such as breathing, swallowing and speech.
Doctor referral required
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Health insurance information including authorizations or referrals
- List of prescription medications and dosages
- List of medications that you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Copies of recent MRI and CT films
- Pathology slides and report (if applicable)
- Recent test results related to your condition
- Paper and pencil to take notes
Our research initiatives
UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center Research
UCSF is home to a range of research initiatives aimed at improving outcomes for cancer patients everywhere. This includes research on topics such as immunotherapy, BRCA mutations and molecular diagnostic testing.