Hand, Elbow & Upper Extremity Surgery Center
The UCSF Hand, Elbow and Upper Extremity Surgery Center specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions affecting the upper limbs (hands, wrists, elbows, arms and shoulders). Our team includes surgeons, other types of physicians and hand therapists.
We offer state-of-the-art treatments based on outcome studies of our patients' results, as well as on studies of current and new treatments performed in our research laboratory. Treatments include nonsurgical care, surgery and therapy.
Awards & recognition
Best hospital in Northern California
One of the nation’s best in orthopedics
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Our research initiatives
UCSF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Research
The UCSF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery has several research programs dedicated to investigating different areas of musculoskeletal health care, such as hip, knee and spine surgery.