Pregnancy and Cardiac Treatment (PACT) Program
The UCSF Pregnancy and Cardiac Treatment (PACT) Program provides multidisciplinary, specialized preconception and prenatal care for women with heart disease. Our patients include women with congenital heart defects or with acquired heart conditions such as cardiomyopathy, hypertension and arrhythmias.
Our goal is to help women achieve the best possible health and pregnancy outcomes. The PACT Program team – made up of specialists in maternal-fetal medicine, cardiology, obstetric anesthesia, critical care, nursing and social work – has successfully managed hundreds of pregnancies since the program was founded in 2008.
- Preconception counseling
- Obstetric/maternal-fetal medicine and cardiology consultations during pregnancy
- Specialized cardiology services (interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, cardiology subspecialties)
- Perinatal genetics testing
- Prenatal fetal echocardiography
- Specialized labor and delivery unit
- Neonatal intensive care
- Special anesthetic management during labor
- Specialized pharmacy services
- Mental health services
- Postpartum maternal follow-up program
Doctor referral required
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
One of the nation’s best in cardiology & heart surgery
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Do you need pediatric care?
Can't find what you're looking for?
UCSF Help Center