Dermatologic Surgery and Laser Center
The UCSF Dermatologic Surgery and Laser Center specializes in diagnosing and treating the full range of skin diseases and cancers. Our experts are leaders in performing Mohs micrographic surgery, a highly specialized treatment for certain kinds of skin cancer.
We use 14 types of lasers to treat various conditions, including:
- Birthmarks called vascular malformations
- Broken blood vessels
- Cherry angiomas, benign skin tumors that are red to purple in color
- Congenital skin deformities (existing at birth)
- Pigmented lesions, such as sun spots, tattoos and pigmented birthmarks
- Vascular lesions, such as port-wine stains
Case Management and Social Work
Connect with a team that can help you find resources, solve problems and advocate for you during treatment at UCSF.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Class
This eight-week UCSF class teaches mindfulness practices, such as meditation and body awareness, that can reduce stress and improve your overall health.
We welcome feedback about your experience at UCSF Health. Find out how to contact us with comments, questions or concerns.
Spiritual Care Services
Chaplains representing many faiths are available around the clock to provide support, comfort and counsel to patients, families and caregivers. Learn more.
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
If you live in another country and are coming to UCSF for medical
treatment, our patient liaisons can help coordinate all aspects of your visit.
UCSF offers language services at no charge for patients with limited
English, as well as for patients who are deaf or have trouble hearing.
Checking into the hospital? Find helpful information by clicking on the relevant “Your Hospital Stay” booklet: Mission Bay, Parnassus or Mount
Your Doctor Visit
See our top 10 tips for making your UCSF doctor’s appointment as stress-free and productive as possible.
Our research initiatives
UCSF Department of Dermatology Research
The UCSF Department of Dermatology's research programs cover a broad range of investigations into skin biology and disease, ultimately leading to more effective care for patients.