Dermatologic Surgery and Laser Center
The UCSF Dermatologic Surgery and Laser Center specializes in diagnosing and treating the full range of skin diseases and cancers. Our experts are leaders in performing Mohs micrographic surgery, a highly specialized treatment for certain kinds of skin cancer.
We use 14 types of lasers to treat various conditions, including:
- Birthmarks called vascular malformations
- Broken blood vessels
- Cherry angiomas, benign skin tumors that are red to purple in color
- Congenital skin deformities (existing at birth)
- Pigmented lesions, such as sun spots, tattoos and pigmented birthmarks
- Vascular lesions, such as port-wine stains
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Our research initiatives
UCSF Department of Dermatology Research
The UCSF Department of Dermatology's research programs cover a broad range of investigations into skin biology and disease, ultimately leading to more effective care for patients.