Electromyography Clinic at the Orthopaedic Institute
The Electromyography Clinic at the UCSF Orthopaedic Institute offers electrodiagnostic testing to assess your nerve and muscle functions. We perform nerve conduction studies, which evaluate how the nerves are transmitting signals, and electromyography, which records a muscle's electrical activity.
Doctor referral required
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
Best in California and No. 2 in the nation for neurology & neurosurgery
One of the nation's best for orthopedic care
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Our research initiatives
UCSF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Research
The UCSF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery has several research programs dedicated to investigating different areas of musculoskeletal health care, such as hip, knee and spine surgery.
Do you need pediatric care?
Can't find what you're looking for?
UCSF Help Center