Men of Color HIV/AIDS Program
The UCSF Men of Color HIV/AIDS Program provides HIV-positive minority men with high-quality care in a culturally sensitive environment, with a particular focus on African-Americans. The program helps patients develop and maintain a relationship with a primary care provider.
Our services include:
- Care management
- Consultations with a dietitian
- Peer advocacy services
- Pharmacist support
- Primary care
- Social services
Although HIV can strike anyone, it is most prevalent today among African-American males ages 25 to 44. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, AIDS affects nearly seven times more African-Americans and three times more Latinos than whites.
Any man of color in San Francisco living with HIV or AIDS is welcome to receive services through our program. We accept all forms of insurance.
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes