Vision Optical Clinic
Vision Optical offers comprehensive exams, including screening for glaucoma and cataracts, as well as vision correction with glasses and contact lenses. We carry the latest in contact lens options as well as high-quality fashion frames and sunglasses, with products from Calvin Klein, Nike, Oakley, Lacoste, Salvatore Ferragamo, ProDesign, Koali, Nautica, Lightec, Miraflex and more.
This optometry location serves patients with VSP insurance, UCSF graduate students with Blue View insurance and self-pay patients. Patients with other insurance plans are seen at UCSF's optometry locations elsewhere.
Vision Optical will open again on June 8!
- For everyone's safety, we're taking extra precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic. These include thorough disinfection between patients and physical distancing, which may result in longer wait times.
- For space and safety reasons, we'll be seeing one patient at a time. You may bring one other person with you only if you are a minor, need an interpreter, or need assistance due to disability.
- Please sign in on the waiting list at the door when you arrive. We will call or text your cell phone when it's your turn.
- Everyone must wear a face covering, per UCSF policy.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Case Management and Social Work
Connect with a team that can help you find resources, solve problems and advocate for you during treatment at UCSF.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Class
This eight-week UCSF class teaches mindfulness practices, such as meditation and body awareness, that can reduce stress and improve your overall health.
We welcome feedback about your experience at UCSF Health. Find out how to contact us with comments, questions or concerns.
Spiritual Care Services
Chaplains representing many faiths are available around the clock to provide support, comfort and counsel to patients, families and caregivers. Learn more.
Plan your visit
If you live in another country and are coming to UCSF for medical
treatment, our patient liaisons can help coordinate all aspects of your visit.
UCSF offers language services at no charge for patients with limited
English, as well as for patients who are deaf or have trouble hearing.
Checking into the hospital? Find helpful information by clicking on the relevant “Your Hospital Stay” booklet: Mission Bay, Parnassus or Mount
Your Doctor Visit
See our top 10 tips for making your UCSF doctor’s appointment as stress-free and productive as possible.
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Augie Optical Dispensary
Ron Conway Family Gateway Medical Building
1825 Fourth St., Fifth Floor, Reception C
San Francisco, CA 94158
Ophthalmology and Optometry Clinic
8 Koret Way
San Francisco, CA 94143