Vision Optical Clinic
Vision Optical offers comprehensive exams, including screening for glaucoma and cataracts, as well as vision correction with glasses and contact lenses. We carry the latest in contact lens options as well as high-quality fashion frames and sunglasses, with products from Calvin Klein, Nike, Oakley, Lacoste, Salvatore Ferragamo, ProDesign, Koali, Nautica, Lightec, Miraflex and more.
This optometry location serves patients with VSP insurance, UCSF graduate students with Blue View insurance and self-pay patients. Patients with other insurance plans are seen at UCSF's optometry locations elsewhere.
Note: If you've been seen by one of our optometrists before, and you have Vision Service Plan (VSP) insurance, you can schedule your next appointment directly through UCSF MyChart.
- For everyone's safety, we're taking extra precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic. These include thorough disinfection between patients and physical distancing, which may result in longer wait times.
- For space and safety reasons, we'll be seeing one patient at a time. You may bring one other person with you only if you are a minor, need an interpreter, or need assistance due to disability.
- Please sign in on the waiting list at the door when you arrive. We will call or text your cell phone when it's your turn.
- Everyone must wear a face covering, per UCSF policy.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes