Vision Optical Clinic
Vision Optical offers comprehensive exams, including screening for glaucoma and cataracts, as well as vision correction with glasses and contact lenses. We carry the latest in contact lens options as well as high-quality fashion frames and sunglasses, with products from Calvin Klein, Nike, Oakley, Lacoste, Salvatore Ferragamo, ProDesign, Koali, Nautica, Lightec, Miraflex and more.
This optometry location serves patients with VSP insurance, UCSF graduate students with Blue View insurance and self-pay patients. Patients with other insurance plans are seen at UCSF's optometry locations elsewhere.
Note: If you've been seen by one of our optometrists before, and you have Vision Service Plan (VSP) insurance, you can schedule your next appointment directly through UCSF MyChart.
Please note: The UCSF Millberry Union Public Garage, located at 500 Parnassus Avenue, is under construction and spaces are limited. You may need to arrive early to find parking. Valet service is also available for patients at 400 Parnassus Avenue.
- For everyone's safety, we're taking extra precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic. These include thorough disinfection between patients and physical distancing, which may result in longer wait times.
- For space and safety reasons, we'll be seeing one patient at a time. You may bring one other person with you only if you are a minor, need an interpreter, or need assistance due to disability.
- Everyone must wear a face covering, per UCSF policy.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
Best in Northern California for ophthalmology
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes