The UCSF Endometriosis Center provides personalized care for women with all stages of endometriosis and related disorders. Our team includes experts from diverse backgrounds and specialties, such as gynecologic surgeons, physical therapists, urogynecologists, sexual health experts, alternative and integrative medicine providers, pain experts, fertility doctors, radiologists and psychologists. We work together to create a comprehensive plan tailored to each patient.
We help women address the symptoms and complications of endometriosis, including:
- Adenomyosis (endometrial tissue within the uterine wall)
- Heavy periods
- Lower back and stomach pain during periods
- Pain with urination or with a full bladder
- Pelvic pain and cramping before and during periods
- Pelvic pain during intercourse
If surgery is considered, our surgeons can perform vaginal, laparoscopic or robotic procedures through incisions as small as 5 to 8 millimeters. We may use these minimally invasive approaches for hysterectomy, myomectomy or removal of endometrial tissue.
As a patient of the UCSF Endometriosis Center, you may have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research. If you are interested in participating in a study, please let your provider know.
Information on our research is also available at:
MD, PhDObstetrician, gynecologist and reproductive endocrinologist
Jeannette C. Lager
Felicia C. Lester
MD, MPHObstetrician and gynecologist
MDObstetrician, gynecologist and reproductive endocrinologist
MD, MSObstetrician and gynecologist
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes