Cancer patients have unique oral health care needs and, depending on the type of cancer and its treatment, may be at risk for various complications involving the mouth. In fact, many of the latest cancer therapies are associated with oral side effects.
UCSF Oral Oncology provides expert consultations to diagnose, manage and treat these issues. Our oral medicine specialists thoroughly evaluate the jaw bone, gums and other oral tissues to address treatment side effects, such as mouth sores, infection, inflammation and pain. We also provide oral health patient education and counseling as well as follow-up care for patients at increased risk of developing oral side effects from cancer treatment later on.
If you've been diagnosed with oral cancer and are seeking cancer care, please visit UCSF's Head and Neck Surgery Cancer Clinic.
Doctor referral required
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Do you need pediatric care?
Can't find what you're looking for?
UCSF Help Center