UCSF Health's cancer care team includes dietitians who focus solely on working with cancer patients, providing nutritional guidance during treatment and beyond. We offer several free services, described below.
If you're a UCSF cancer patient and you'd like to meet with a dietitian for one-on-one nutrition counseling, please contact your UCSF oncology practice for a referral and scheduling. Nutrition counseling is free for all UCSF cancer patients, although donations are appreciated.
Our dietitians can address such topics as:
- Dietary recommendations for specific types of cancer
- Guidance on nutrition and food safety for certain cancer treatments
- Tips for coping with symptoms such as appetite changes, chewing or swallowing difficulties, nausea, constipation or diarrhea, and unwanted weight loss or gain
- Nutritional recommendations for cancer survivors
- Dietary supplement recommendations