Center for Sexual Health
The UCSF Center for Sexual Health offers education and treatment for women of all ages with sexual health concerns. We specialize in helping women with:
- Arousal disorder, or a lack of response to sexual stimulation
- Sexual health effects of menopause and perimenopause
- Sexual dysfunction due to childbirth or physical trauma
- Hypoactive sexual desire disorder, or decreased sexual desire
- Pain during sex
- Vaginal dryness
Your visit will include a thorough review of your medical history and relationship issues in addition to a physical exam. Treatments may include medications, such as flibanserin (sometimes called "the female Viagra") or hormone therapy. In certain cases, we offer minor surgical procedures to address vaginal issues that cause pain during sex. We are also experts in the use of dilators for vaginal stenosis (narrowing of the vagina).
Our director, Dr. Tami Rowen, is an obstetrician and gynecologist widely recognized for her expertise in women's sexual health. When needed, we refer patients to trusted colleagues, including a PhD-trained sexologist, mental health providers and physical therapists. For our cancer patients, we partner with gynecologic oncologists to address any reproductive health and hormonal issues caused by cancer treatment.
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes