Comprehensive Fibroid Center
The UCSF Comprehensive Fibroid Center is dedicated to providing the best treatments available for women with uterine fibroids.
We customize care to each patient, and the choice of treatment depends on your personal preference and on the size and location of your fibroids. We offer a variety of innovative and minimally invasive surgical techniques, including laparoscopy (in which an endoscope is passed through the abdominal wall) and hysteroscopy (in which the endoscope enters the uterus through the cervix). We also perform uterine artery embolization, a nonsurgical procedure that uses a catheter to inject small particles that cut off the fibroids' blood supply.
Our services include:
- Consultations to develop individual care plans
- Surgical alternatives to hysterectomy
- Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy
- Uterine artery embolization
- Coordinated care with other UCSF specialists, such as fertility experts and obstetricians with expertise in high-risk pregnancy
The center was founded and is directed by Dr. Alison Jacoby, a gynecologist who specializes in fibroids, alternatives to hysterectomy and minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Understanding the Long-term Impact of COVID-19 in Adults (RECOVER)
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes