Metabolic Bone Clinic
The UCSF Metabolic Bone Clinic, a unique resource within the endocrinology and metabolism division, focuses on the diagnosis and care of patients with inherited, rare or unusually complicated bone conditions. These conditions include:
- Congenital diseases (diseases that are present at birth) and skeletal dysplasias, such as fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva, fibrous dysplasia/McCune-Albright syndrome, osteogenesis imperfecta and spondyloarthropathies
- Endocrine and metabolic bone diseases that occur with conditions such as hyperparathyroidism, mitochondrial diseases and enzyme deficiencies
- Unusually severe osteoporosis resulting from cancer treatment or organ transplant, and other conditions that result in abnormal bone loss or gain
Our team works closely with other divisions at UCSF, including medical genetics, orthopedics, nephrology, rheumatology, dentistry and craniofacial surgery. This allows us to provide our patients with the most comprehensive care possible.
Doctor referral required
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
Best in Northern California for diabetes care & endocrinology
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Do you need pediatric care?
Can't find what you're looking for?
UCSF Help Center