Metabolic Bone Clinic
The UCSF Metabolic Bone Clinic, a unique resource within the endocrinology and metabolism division, focuses on the diagnosis and care of patients with inherited, rare or unusually complicated bone conditions. These conditions include:
- Congenital diseases (diseases that are present at birth) and skeletal dysplasias, such as fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva, fibrous dysplasia/McCune-Albright syndrome, osteogenesis imperfecta and spondyloarthropathies
- Endocrine and metabolic bone diseases that occur with conditions such as hyperparathyroidism, mitochondrial diseases and enzyme deficiencies
- Unusually severe osteoporosis resulting from cancer treatment or organ transplant, and other conditions that result in abnormal bone loss or gain
Our team works closely with other divisions at UCSF, including medical genetics, orthopedics, nephrology, rheumatology, dentistry and craniofacial surgery. This allows us to provide our patients with the most comprehensive care possible.
Doctor referral required
Novel Combination Therapy for Osteoporosis in Men
Hypothesis 1a proposes that BMD responses to combined TPTD+cinacalcet are greater than those induced by TPTD+PBO. LS BMD typically responds quickly and robustly to TPTD and is the 1o endpoint of the trial. DXA measurements will be...
Awards & recognition
Best hospital in Northern California
Best on the West Coast for diabetes and endocrinology
Case Management and Social Work
Connect with a team that can help you find resources, solve problems and advocate for you during treatment at UCSF.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Class
This eight-week UCSF class teaches mindfulness practices, such as meditation and body awareness, that can reduce stress and improve your overall health.
We welcome feedback about your experience at UCSF Health. Find out how to contact us with comments, questions or concerns.
Spiritual Care Services
Chaplains representing many faiths are available around the clock to provide support, comfort and counsel to patients, families and caregivers. Learn more.
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
If you live in another country and are coming to UCSF for medical
treatment, our patient liaisons can help coordinate all aspects of your visit.
UCSF offers language services at no charge for patients with limited
English, as well as for patients who are deaf or have trouble hearing.
Checking into the hospital? Find helpful information by clicking on the relevant “Your Hospital Stay” booklet: Mission Bay, Parnassus or Mount
Your Doctor Visit
See our top 10 tips for making your UCSF doctor’s appointment as stress-free and productive as possible.
Endocrinology Clinic at Mount Zion
2200 Post St., Suite C-432
San Francisco, CA 94115
Endocrinology Clinic at Parnassus
400 Parnassus Ave., Suite A-550
San Francisco, CA 94143