At the UCSF Audiology Clinic, we treat hearing loss and related auditory problems in people of all ages. The clinic works in close cooperation with a variety of specialists to provide state-of-the-art diagnostic and balance testing for patients with any degree of hearing loss or communication impairment.
We have a full-service dispensing program for hearing aids and assistive listening devices, and we offer rehabilitative services for hearing loss, dizziness and balance problems, tinnitus and hyperacusis (extreme sound sensitivity).
For children's services, see Pediatric Audiology.
Our services include:
- Assistive listening device dispensing
- Auditory evoked potentials (ABR, stacked ABR, AMLR, ALR, ASSR, electrocochleography)
- Audiologic rehabilitation, including LACE (listening and communication enhancement) program and rehabilitative classes
- Comprehensive hearing testing
- Earplug and swim mold dispensing of custom products, including earplugs for musicians
- Facial nerve function monitoring
- Hearing aid consultation and evaluation
- Hearing aid dispensing
- Hearing aid electroacoustic analysis and real ear probe-microphone testing
- Hearing screening
- Medical-legal audiologic evaluation
- Middle ear function assessment
- Otoacoustic emissions testing
- Pediatric audiology (all ages)
- Hyperacusis and tinnitus assessment, counseling and rehabilitation
- Vestibular evaluation and rehabilitation (ENG, VNG, VEMPs, rotary chair, canalith repositioning)
Doctor referral required
KarLeung (Cornell) Cheung
Gregory (Greg) Hobbs
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes