Endocrine, Diabetes & Pregnancy Program
The UCSF Endocrine, Diabetes and Pregnancy Program (EDAPP) provides specialized preconception, prenatal and postpartum care for expecting mothers with endocrine conditions. Our patients may have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, prediabetes or another condition, such as a disorder of the pituitary gland, the thyroid or the adrenal glands.
EDAPP has managed thousands of pregnancies since it was founded. Our goal is to help expecting mothers understand and handle their medical conditions in pregnancy to achieve the best possible outcome for themselves and their developing child. We offer support from a multidisciplinary team of experts in maternal fetal medicine (MFM), endocrinology, nursing, diabetes education and nutrition.
Our services include:
- MFM and endocrinology consultations before, during and after pregnancy
- Weekly reviews of glucose and insulin data
- Preconception consultation
- Postpartum follow-up
In addition, EDAPP is a technology-enabled practice. This means we're able to keep a close eye on vital health information about our pregnant patients through continuous glucose monitoring, pump therapy, integrated insulin delivery systems, connected devices and integrated data.
Doctor referral required
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization
- Recent test results related to your condition
- Recent glucose logs / insulin logs
- List of medications, including dosages
- List of allergies
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes