Asian Heart and Vascular Center
The UCSF Asian Heart and Vascular Center is a cardiovascular care hub for the Asian community, the fastest-growing population in San Francisco. We respect the cultural differences that exist in the Asian community. Patients receive language-appropriate information and educational materials about heart disease and how to prevent it. The center also participates in research to better understand the metabolic and genetic differences of the Asian community.
Cardiovascular disease and stroke are the leading causes of death for Asian Americans, according to the American Heart Association. In San Francisco, Asian Americans make up about a third of the population. As the Asian population grows, so does the need for cardiovascular specialists who can understand, communicate about and treat heart disease.
In association with all UCSF Heart and Vascular Center clinics, the Asian Heart and Vascular Center offers:
- Top-quality heart and vascular care tailored to the Asian community and communicated in the patient's preferred language
- Access to state-of-the-art technology from the UCSF Heart and Vascular Center
- Language-appropriate outpatient education on heart disease – what it is, what you can do if you suffer from it, and how to prevent it through lifestyle changes such as altering diet, quitting smoking and being more physically active
- The opportunity to take part in research studies that will help future generations of Asian Americans
Languages spoken at the clinic include Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Korean and Japanese.
Awards & recognition
Among the top hospitals in the nation
One of the nation’s best in cardiology & heart surgery
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Do you need pediatric care?
Can't find what you're looking for?
UCSF Help Center