Nephrology and Hypertension Faculty Practice
The UCSF Nephrology and Hypertension Faculty Practice specializes in all aspects of kidney disease. We are dedicated to providing high-quality, personalized care and building long-term partnerships with patients, their families and their other health care providers.
Our areas of specialty include:
- Acute and chronic kidney disease
- Renovascular disease (diseases of kidney blood vessels)
- Hypertensive disorders (related to high blood pressure)
- Glomerular disease (disorders that damage the kidneys' blood filtering units)
- Immunologic kidney disease (such as vasculitis)
- Complex tubular and electrolyte disorders
- Kidney stones (including metabolic evaluation to help prevent future stone formation)
- Acid-base disorders
Patients with polycystic kidney disease (PKD) are treated in our PKD Center of Excellence.
For patients experiencing kidney failure, we offer:
- Short- and long-term hemodialysis
- Continuous renal replacement therapy
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Home hemodialysis
The clinic also cares for patients before and after kidney transplantation. We perform diagnostic biopsies of both native and transplanted kidneys, as well as plasmapheresis.
We have certified bilingual physicians fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, French, Russian, Spanish and Telugu.
Doctor referral required
MD, MS, FACPNephrologist
Yuenting Diana Kwong
Melody O'Donnell Champagne
Awards & recognition
Best hospital in Northern California
Best in Northern California for nephrology
Ranked No. 6 in the nation for nephrology
Case Management and Social Work
Connect with a team that can help you find resources, solve problems and advocate for you during treatment at UCSF.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Class
This eight-week UCSF class teaches mindfulness practices, such as meditation and body awareness, that can reduce stress and improve your overall health.
We welcome feedback about your experience at UCSF Health. Find out how to contact us with comments, questions or concerns.
Spiritual Care Services
Chaplains representing many faiths are available around the clock to provide support, comfort and counsel to patients, families and caregivers. Learn more.
Plan your visit
If you live in another country and are coming to UCSF for medical
treatment, our patient liaisons can help coordinate all aspects of your visit.
UCSF offers language services at no charge for patients with limited
English, as well as for patients who are deaf or have trouble hearing.
Checking into the hospital? Find helpful information by clicking on the relevant “Your Hospital Stay” booklet: Mission Bay, Parnassus or Mount
Your Doctor Visit
See our top 10 tips for making your UCSF doctor’s appointment as stress-free and productive as possible.
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
1675 Scott St.
San Francisco, CA 94143-1617
Kidney Transplant Center
400 Parnassus Ave., Seventh Floor
San Francisco, CA 94143
Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Center of Excellence
400 Parnassus Ave., B1 Plaza Level
San Francisco, CA 94143