General Neurology Clinic
Specialists in the UCSF General Neurology Clinic are leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of disorders, from cerebrovascular disease to headaches to nerve injuries. Patients may undergo a comprehensive evaluation in the General Neurology Clinic before being referred to a neurological expert who specializes in a specific condition.
Our patients benefit from research conducted at UCSF, which helps us develop new, more effective treatments.
We are part of the UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences.
Stereotactic Laser Ablation for Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Awards & recognition
Best hospital in Northern California
Best in the U.S. in neurology & neurosurgery
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Our research initiatives
UCSF Department of Neurology Research
The UCSF Department of Neurology conducts research to improve understanding of neurological disorders, with the goals of finding better treatments and methods of prevention.